Metro platforms at Central Station will provide a critical interchange with suburban, intercity and regional rail services, buses, coaches and light rail. To provide construction and operational maintenance access for both Sydney Metro and Sydney Trains, an access bridge will be constructed from Regent Street into the rail corridor (Sydney Yard).
About Sydney Yard Access Bridge
Construction activities involve:
- Establishing site amenities including setup of site offices and establishing temporary service connections, such as water and electricity
- Installing of site fencing, hoarding and scaffolding
- Conducting asphalt and paving works to enable construction
- Service installation, track modification and signalling works
- Removing existing buildings
- Bridge construction enabling works, including piling foundation works and construction of a tower crane
- Bridge construction by lifting precast elements into place using the tower crane
- Relocating utilities along Regent Street.
Main site features
Construction of the Sydney Yard Access Bridge will involve the use of sites on Regent Street alongside Mortuary Station, and within the rail corridor in Sydney Yard. Site access will be via Eddy Avenue, the STA Bus Depot and Regent Street.
Sydney Yard Access Bridge will run from Regent Street, north of Cleveland Street, into the rail corridor (Sydney Yard).
Construction Notification - Sydney Yard Access Bridge- Out-of-hours work
PDF | 581.09 KB
Construction Notification - Central works - May Update
PDF | 230.74 KB
Construction Notification - Sydney Yard Access Bridge - April Update
PDF | 586.4 KB
Construction Notification - Sydney Yard Access Bridge - March update
PDF | 586.96 KB
Construction Notification - Sydney Yard Access Bridge - Out of hours work
PDF | 279.92 KB